This class is the most popular at the school. Anyone who wishes to attend must complete one of our 2 Day Introduction Courses first or complete a couple of one to one private lessons before joining the Thursday class. The introduction courses take place once a month. Our next one is Sat & Sun, April 22nd & 23rd, 2017.
The Thursday night class addresses all aspects of self-defence and self-protection. It is a two hour class divided into two one hour classes.
The first hour deals with weapons defence, i.e. knife defence (attacks & threats), gun disarms, baton defence etc.
The second phase addresses various aspects, such as street grappling, ground-fighting, combative sparring and much more. You have the option to do both classes back to back, or if you prefer you can chose to do one.
- Understanding the criminal mind-set
- Reading body language before conflict
- Physiological & psychological effects of adrenaline dump
- Verbal de-escalation skills
- Fear is your friend Understanding fear
- When it’s time not to be nice
- Self defence and the Law in Ireland
- Brain engagements and action triggers
- Release from choke & strangles
- Release from wrist grabs
- Knowing when and how to punch
- Rape escape tactics The Fence (protecting your personal space)
- Putting it all together – Defence against the FIST MAN
- Defence Against Hand Bag Snatch
- Defence Against Hair Pulls
- Anti Abduction Drills Road
- Rage Prevention skills
Every Thursday from Thursday September 29th, 2016.
7.00-8.00pm (first phase: self-defence skills & tactics, ground fighting)
8.05-9.00pm (second phase: weapons defence, knife, gun, baton etc.)
**Note: One phase counts as one lesson when you purchase.