Our next two day self defence weekend seminar is Saturday & Sunday, Nov. 3rd & 4th, 2018, 10.30am-3pm. The course is suitable for all levels of fitness. No experience necessary. It is reality based self-defence training that teaches you the difference between self protection and self defence.
We don’t train for sport or competition, what we teach are simple techniques that have been completely pressure tested to work for everyone in today’s world. The Hard Target System brings together many different systems, such as Krav Maga, Kick boxing, Real Combat, grappling and ground-fighting- but our primary objective is to teach REAL self defence.
The course is open to everyone: young*, old, fit, unfit, male and female. No experience is necessary. Just bring a note-pad, pen, towel and water. Lunch is supplied and all who attend will receive a certificate upon successful completion from Chief Instructor Aidan Carroll.
2 Day Self-Defence Curriculum
Self Protection (non physical; supported with slides & video clips)
* How aware are you of your surroundings? The Colour Codes of Awareness explained.
* Why are people selected as victims? Victim Selection from the predators perspective.
* What does your body say about you? Body Language (positive & negative).
* EGO! Why controlling your ego will save you from insanity & danger.
* Intuition – your internal alarm system. Why do we sometimes ignore our intuition and end up walking straight into danger?
* Are you a YES person? People Pleasing and why it can be detrimental to self protection.
* Why it’s OK to be scared! Adrenalin – it’s there to help us! Understanding the physiological effects adrenalin has on our body.
* When is it legally ok for me to defend myself? Self Defence and The Law in Ireland.
* The Hard Target Self Protection & Self Defence Game Plan.
Self Defence (physical)
* Protecting your personal space using the ‘The Fence’ technique.
* Knowing when and how to strike – pre-emptive striking.
* Release techniques from wrist grabs, hair & shirt pulls.
* Release techniques from chokes & strangles.
* Depending on time, knife defences may be covered too.
Saturday & Sunday, November 3rd & 4th, 2018
10.30am – 3pm. Certificate of achievement is awarded upon completion.
If under 18yrs, parental consent is required.
Testimonials from some attendees at our last weekend course
The ethos of the academy is unbelievable, such amazing energy & approach to life. Pleasure to have had this weekend & I really think I took valuable lessons away’ D. Sweeney.
‘The holistic approach to self protection, defence and self empowerment is powerful’ T. Purtill.
Really enjoyed it. Comfortable environment, good people running the course’ B. Egan.