This class is the most popular at the school. Anyone who wishes to attend must complete one of our 2 Day Introduction Courses first and complete a couple of one to one private lessons before joining the Monday class. The introduction course takes place bi-monthly.
The Monday night class addresses all aspects of self-defence and self-protection. It is a two hour class divided into two one hour classes.
The first hour deals with weapons defence, i.e. knife defence (attacks & threats), gun disarms, baton defence etc.
The second phase addresses various aspects, such as street grappling, ground-fighting, combative sparring and much more. You have the option to do both classes back to back, or if you prefer you can chose to do one.
- Understanding the criminal mind-set
- Reading body language before conflict
- Physiological & psychological effects of adrenaline dump
- Verbal de-escalation skills
- Fear is your friend Understanding fear
- When it’s time not to be nice
- Self defence and the Law in Ireland
- Brain engagements and action triggers
- Release from choke & strangles
- Release from wrist grabs
- Knowing when and how to punch
- Rape escape tactics The Fence (protecting your personal space)
- Putting it all together – Defence against the FIST MAN
- Defence Against Hand Bag Snatch
- Defence Against Hair Pulls
- Anti Abduction Drills Road
- Rage Prevention skills
6.30-7.30pm (first phase: padwork, self-defence skills & tactics, ground fighting)
7.30-8.30pm (second phase: weapons defence, knife, gun, baton etc.)