Self Defence Course
No Rules, No Rituals, No Nonsense
This course is open to everyone regardless of your age*, skill level, male or female.
* Under 18s will need parental permission.
* See our special offer below.
The majority of people will at some point in their lives will have thought about learning skills to protect themselves or a loved one in a hostile situation. Many choose not to pursue these feelings because they believe that to develop the skills to protect themselves they need to join a martial arts clubs and spend many months or years training before they could “take care” of themselves if a situation becomes threatening. However, the reality is the very opposite. To learn the skills to protect yourself takes very little time, the reason for this is that your natural reactions (and more importantly your intuition) are instinctive and inherent. What we teach you is how to understand these feeling and channel your energy and fears to your advantage.
We don’t show you how to kick an attacker to the head – WHY?
Because when we are faced with a potentially dangerous situation your legs may begin to shake, this is a side effect of adrenaline release. The reality is that your fine motor skills will be severly inhibited as your brain prepares you for ‘ Flight or Fight’ and gross motor functions kicks in. Even if you can deliver a head kick in the controlled environment of the Dojo (martial arts training area) it is a very different story on the street- where there are no rules.
We don’t teach you control and restraint techniques – WHY?
Because the fact remains that the only way to stun or stop an attacker is to shake his/her brain. Regardless of what you have heard or seen (in the movies) control and restraint techniques do not work every time, in fact they very rarely work at all, and if applied one-on-one it is almost sure to fail.
We don’t show defences with certain improvised weapons – such as keys, mobile phones, hairspray in the eyes etc – WHY?
Think of it this way- If a woman is being assaulted and she reacts by slashing the attacker’s face with a key- will this stop him? NO it won’t, in fact it will really piss him off and make him more aggressive. Try hitting some hard surface with a mobile phone, the first thing that is likely to happen is the phone will break, try it a second time (if it is still in one piece) and I bet if you hit hard enough you will lose your grip. Look at your hands as a multi- functional tool. You can grab the attacker, you can punch, you can slap, you can rip, shred and gouge…. all this and you will still be able to use your phone to call for help!
This is not a martial arts course – WHY?
Think of the situation- You are caught in an ambush attack and in a split second you are faced with a knife- wielding thug who is screaming in your face and demanding that you get into the back of his van. What type of training will prepare you for this situation ?
1. Maybe you have been practising martial arts for many years and in that time you have become a really good club fighter. You train 3-4 times a week on a matted floor, in a nice clean and tidy environment. You wear your uniform while training, when sparring (fighting) you have rules, you have a referee, you are wearing protective equipment for your hands, head, feet, mouth, face and groin. You have water breaks and a time limit for each bout.
2. You have been training in a system that teaches you when to comply with an attacker and when to be ferocious. A system that trains outside in the dark, in the wet, in the cold, in the dog shit, in the broken glass, in blind folds, in loud music, in enclosed spaces, in a adrenalized mindset, in a fatigued mindset, in your own clothes, on a bus, in a car, with a shock knife (a knife that emits an electric shock when it hits you). In a system that has only one rule – WE NEVER STOP HEAD-HUNTING (striking the attacker’s head) until he/she is no longer a threat. I apologise if this offends any readers, this is not my intention, but the reality is when dealing with a massively aggressive assailant you will only escape or prevail if your training is REAL.The choice is yours.
Details of our next course:
* Understanding body language before conflict
* Protecting your personal space
* Anti-ambush drills
* Verbal de-escalation skills
* Aggression therapy drills
* Pre-emptive strikes
* Release from chokes & strangles
* Knowing when and how to strike
* Self defence and the law in Ireland
Dates: Saturday/Sunday October 6th & 7th
Venue: Hard Target School of Self Defence, Unit 6 Redleaf Business Park, Turvey, North County Dublin
Price: €100 each ( lunch included)
Book two places for just €160.00
Call Noelle on 01 8075037
All who successfully complete the course are awarded a certificate signed by Chief Instructor Aidan Carroll.
To book your place visitwww.hardtargetselfdefence.com or www.kravmaga.ie
“I had never done any self defence before and was a bit nervous going. On arrival the instructors introduced themselves and we were made feel very weclome. The course itself was a real eye opener, no fancy moves or routines, just practical knowledge about how to avoid situations and if necessary deal with them….”
“I really enjoyed this course. The standard and professionalism of the instructors were excellent, I couldn’t of asked for better. You get so much more value for money and I would definitely recommend it onto my friends and family.”
– Christine Mc Dermott
“Everything was broken down in simple, clear, and memorable moves. The course exceeded my expectations. I was amazed that someone weighing 9st can defend themselves against a very powerful man.”
– Faye Conway