“Deep within us all, we have the need and capacity to defend ourselves, our loved ones and our fellow man/woman. This course teaches participants to reorient and reaffirm this inherent right”
– Aidan Carroll, Founder of the Hard Target Self Defence Academy
The Hard Target Self Defence Academy is delighted to launch its most comprehensive and detailed Women’s Self Defence Course ever designed
This 8 week course brings together over 20 years of study and analysis of predatory behaviour and victim selection. The creator of the course, Aidan Carroll, has spent over 20 years studying, researching and interviewing victims and survivors of assaults as well as the criminals who carried out the crime. This course is suitable for women of all ages and fitness levels.
Aidan and the Hard Target Self Defence Academy recently appeared on ‘Keeping Ireland Safe’ – a hugely successful RTE TV Documentary. They have also featured on Ireland AM, Saturday and Sunday AM, The Claire Byrne Show Live, national & local radio stations and press. Aidan is Ireland’s go to person for Self Protection and Self Defence.
What does the course entail?
Course Modules both Theory and Practical.
1. How predators select their victims.
2. Understanding FEAR and associated side effects.
3. The Interview; how predators use words to trap their victim’s.
4. How to recognise pre-incident indicators.
5. Understanding the “Achilles Heel” of every bad person.
6. Your most potent resource when dealing with a predator.
7. Analysis of interviews with victims and convicts.
8. Understanding the types of sexual predators (scale 1-10), their wants and behaviours.
9. Sexual assault prevention – awareness, skills and self-defence tactics. Release techniques from wrist grabs, chokes, strangles, hair pulls etc.
10. Self-Defence and the Law in Ireland.
Venue: Hard Target Self Defence Academy
#IAMNEMESIS PART 1, BLAKES CROSS, LUSK. Date: We have just completed #IAMNEMSIS PART 1. Dates for new course will be announced shortly.
#IAMNEMESIS PART 2, BLAKES CROSS, LUSK. Date: Tuesday, May 10th (every Tuesday for 8 weeks) YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED NEMESIS PART 1 IN ORDER TO PROGRESS TO NEMESIS PART 2.
#IAMNEMESIS PART 1, SANTRY, DUBLIN 9. Date: Monday, April 11th (every Monday for 8 weeks) PLACES AVAILABLE.
Full address is Greenfields Community Hall, Shanliss Avenue, Santry, Dublin 9. Eircode DO9 C9Y2. Time: 7pm to 8.15pm.
Cost: €120:00 #IAMNEMESIS Tee-Shirt included.
Under 18’s will need parental/guardian consent.
Our classes are delivered in a safe, supportive environment by highly qualified instructors who also have backgrounds in psychotherapy. We want attendees to go at their own pace, we don’t welcome competition amongst attendees!!
Link to Newstalk intereview here