“Deep within us all, we have the need and capacity to defend ourselves, our loved ones and our fellow man/woman. This course teaches participants to reorient and reaffirm this inherent right”
– Aidan Carroll, Founder of the Hard Target Self Defence Academy
The Hard Target Self Defence Academy is delighted to launch its most comprehensive and detailed Women’s Self Defence Course ever designed
This 10 week course brings together over 20 years of study and analysis of predatory behaviour and victim selection. The creator of the course, Aidan Carroll, has spent over 20 years studying, researching and interviewing victims and survivors of assaults as well as the criminals who carried out the crime. This course is suitable for women of all ages and fitness levels.
Aidan and the Hard Target Self Defence Academy recently appeared on ‘Keeping Ireland Safe’ – a hugely successful RTE TV Documentary. They have also featured on Ireland AM, Saturday and Sunday AM, The Claire Byrne Show Live, national & local radio stations and press. Aidan is Ireland’s go to person for Self Protection and Self Defence.
What does the course entail?
1. How predators select their victims.
2. Understanding FEAR and associated side effects.
3. The Interview; how predators use words to trap their victim’s.
4. How to recognise pre-incident indicators.
5. Understanding the “Achilles Heel” of every bad person.
6. Your most potent resource when dealing with a predator.
7. Analysis of interviews with victims and convicts.
8. Understanding the types of sexual predators (scale 1-10), their wants and behaviours.
9. Sexual assault prevention – awareness, skills and self-defence tactics.
10. Self-Defence and the Law in Ireland.
Venue: Hard Target Self Defence Academy
Date: April 7th – June 9th (every Tuesday for 10 weeks)
Cost: €150:00 #IAMNEMISIS Tee-Shirt included.
Free parking, changing/shower facilities & complimentary tea/coffee.
Certificate awarded on completion.
Under 18’s will need parental/guardian consent.
Link to Newstalk intereview here