Women’s Self protection and Self Defence Training is every Tuesday evening 7.45pm-9pm.
The course curriculum is designed by Aidan Carroll and his wife Debbie – founders of the Hard Target Self Defence Academy.
Over the past twenty years Aidan has extensively researched all facets of sexual assaults; from how and why a predator selects their victim to the stories of the survivors.
These experiences and combined knowledge has culminated to form a self- protection program that is globally recognised as the most authoritative reality based system available. Aidan has appeared extensively on national TV, Radio & Press and also alongside Ellen O’Malley of The Rape Crisis Centre on TV3, Ireland AM. Just recently Aidan and his wife Debbie spoke to Dr. Ciara Kelly of Newstalk about women’s self protection and self defence. Listen to the full interview below.
This 6 weeks course is a combination of theory and physical modules.
Course Content Theory
• What does your body language say about you? How criminals select their victims.
• Dangerous Personalities – How to recognise anomalies in human behaviour.
• Why People Pleasing is detrimental in a self-protection situation.
• Understanding the messages from intuition and instincts. The psychological tactics and ruses that can be used against an assailant to evade & escape a hostile situation.
• Analysis of footage of attacks and interviews from victims of these attacks.
Course Content Physical
1. Protecting your personal space using ‘the fence’ technique.
2. Defences against hair pulls (front and back), wrist grabs, shirt/coat/scarf grabs, handbag snatches.
3. Defences against chokes/strangles.
4. Rape escape techniques.
Also covered is Self Defence and The Law and force continuum in Ireland.
Handouts will also be supplied supporting course content.
Start Date: Every Tuesday evening, 7.45pm-9pm
Cost: €72.00 inc. vat @13.5% (6 weeks of classes).
FREE parking, complimentary tea/coffee. Showers and changing room facilities too.
Link to Newstalk intereview here